Skip to Main Content

Post-study Work Permit

Working After Your Studies

The Netherlands provides graduates with the opportunity they need to find a job or start their own company after completing their studies. The Orientation Year (Zoekjaar) Permit allows recent graduates from non-EU countries to stay in or come back to the Netherlands for a period of up to 12 months.

During this one-year period, you can work in any type of job while searching for a permanent role.

Before the end of the 12 months, you must apply for work as a highly skilled migrant or your visa will expire, and you will have to return to your home country.

Working During Your Studies

During your studies, you are allowed to work up to 16 hours a week, or you can work full-time during your summer holidays. Dutch language skills, although not a necessity, will definitely help you in your search for part-time employment.

Back to Top