Skip to Main Content


All international students in the Netherlands are required by law to be properly insured for health and liability for the duration of their studies. These arrangements must be made before you arrive in the Netherlands. The health insurance coverage that is best suited to you will depend on various factors, including your nationality, age, nature of residence, and whether you have a job.

Adequate health insurance for international students in the Netherlands should cover urgent medical care, emergency hospital treatment, and repatriation on medical grounds in case you need to return to your home country. We also strongly recommend that students take out third-party liability insurance. Such liability insurance should have a coverage of approximately € 1.25 million.

We recommend all students take out the Aon Complete+ insurance to which you have access via the College. A significant benefit is that this health insurance option also covers pre-existing medical conditions. A reassuring thought!

Your insurance needs to take effect before you leave your home country and needs to cover the entire duration of your studies at The Hague Pathway College. During the induction week, you will have to show proof of your health insurance.

Read more about the Aon Complete+ policy.

Register for Aon Complete+ via Aon’s website.

When registering, please select The Hague Pathway Navitas as educational institution. Select a start date prior to your planned departure date, and an end date that will fully cover the complete foundation year and any stay in Summer 2024. In case you need more information on how to arrange insurance, please send an email to

For EU/EEA Students Only – Insured in Your Own Country?

You may be insured via social security or welfare services in your own country. In many cases you will be able to apply for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) with your local insurer, before travelling to the Netherlands. You will be covered for emergency costs only in the Netherlands and the duration of coverage depends on the country. You may consider also taking out the Aon Complete+ insurance or take out other kinds of additional insurance next to your EHIC card.

Have a Job Next to Your Studies?

If you start a job next to your studies, you are required to take out Dutch Basic Health Insurance. Keep this in mind when hunting for a side job.

Back to Top