The Hague University of Applied Sciences will apply for a student visa for all non-EER students who intend to join a programme at The Hague Pathway College.
By Dutch law, students cannot apply for a visa themselves. This means that all applications for entry visa and residence permits are coordinated by The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
If you require an entry visa, you or your agent will be contacted by email to guide you through every step of the visa application process. Once you have confirmed your offer of admission, you will receive this visa pack with clear instructions. The Hague University of Applied Sciences will apply for a student visa for all non-EER students who join a course at The Hague Pathway College.
Due to the limited validity of the entry visa, for the September intake programmes we will start sending out visa information packs from around 1 July onwards. The final visa application deadline is 15 July.
For the January intake programmes, we will start sending out visa information packs from around 15 October onwards. The final visa application deadline is 08 November.
Who requires a visa?
That depends on your nationality.
- EU/EEA, Switzerland: No entry visa required, no residence permit required.
- Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, South Korea or USA: No entry visa required, a residence permit required for stays of 90 days or more.
- All others: An entry visa required and a residence permit required for stays of 90 days or more.
You do not need to apply for your residence permit separately. The Hague University of Applied Sciences will apply for both your residence permit and/or your visa at the same time. You will receive your residence permit shortly after your arrival in the Netherlands.
Required visa documents
- Completed visa forms
- A copy of all pages of your passport (the passport should be valid for at least 6 months)
- Full tuition fee paid to The Hague Pathway College, prior to visa application
- A bank statement not older than 3 months showing sufficient funds for cost of living (The cost of living minimum requirement is € 12,000 for the full year, subject to regular change). If providing a bank statement is not an option because of your documentation not meeting the immigration requirements, we alternatively offer you the option to transfer the first year's cost of living to the College. Upon opening a bank account in the Netherlands, the living expenses will be fully refunded to your new Dutch bank account (no administrative charge). You will need to submit a refund request (https://www.thehaguepathway.nl/refund-requests) once you have your Dutch bank account. The refund process takes approximately 14 days
- Antecedents certificate (form Dutch Immigration department IND)
- Declaration of intent to undergo a TB test (for students from a number of countries only)
Additional requirements for Chinese applicants
Nationals of the People’s Republic of China need to obtain a NUFFIC certificate as a validation of their qualifications, in addition to their English language test score documents. The Hague University of Applied Sciences needs your NUFFIC certificate (formally known as ‘NESO certificate’) for your visa application (www.nesochina.com).
Additional requirements for applicants from Bangladesh, Cameroon, Nepal and Pakistan
Due to strict Dutch visa regulations, please be aware of the following additional application requirements, so that you can be sure you will start your studies at The Hague Pathway College in time:
- An early application deadline of 1 May and early visa & payment application deadline of 15 May for the September intake programmes
- An early application deadline 1 October and early visa & payment application deadline of 15 October for the January intake programmes
Due to the 2-3 month visa application process for the countries mentioned, we encourage you to send in your application as soon as possible.
Please note, students from the countries above will be requested to transfer their full tuition fee and living expenses to the college instead of providing bank statements to proof their financial status.
Good to know
- Your visa will be issued for the entire duration of your studies. This includes the option of an additional one-year post-study visa, so you can find a job in Holland
- Your visa will allow you to travel to other Schengen countries
- Your visa will allow you to work for 16 hours per week or 3 months full-time during the Summer
- All non-EEA nationals and those from countries which do not require an entry visa will need to go through the visa process