The Netherlands, also known as Holland, is a safe and happy country by international standards. Holland's bustling cities are easy to navigate by bike or public transportation with affordable travel options for students. The Dutch people are globally respected for their open-minded, international and innovative perspectives, and over 95% of the Dutch people speak English.
Benefit of Studying in The Netherlands
- Home to over 16.8 million people
- Globally respected for its open-minded, international perspective
- Known for interactive education focused on teamwork and independent, proactive thinking
- Home to world-famous architects (Koolhaas, Mecanoo), engineers (Cornelis Lely, Philips), artists (Rembrandt, Van Gogh) & entertainment stars (Armin van Buuren)
- A safe country by international standards
- Well-organized and safe public transport network
- Most people here speak English
The Hague: City by The Sea
The Hague (Den Haag), is a cosmopolitan city that attracts over 40,000 students, making it a truly international student city. THUAS is located in the heart of the city centre so THUAS students get an all-round student experience.
You'll never run out of things to do in The Hague:
- Head to the beach, just a short bike 15-minute ride from the city centre
- View the artwork of Dutch masters at the 30+ museums or watch a performance by a nationally reowned theatre company
- Visit the bustling public outdoor markets offering local foods, antiques, books and goods
- Sample Dutch food favourites or visit one of the popular international restaurants or takeaway shops.
Johanna Westerdijkplein 75, 2521 EN The Hague