Latest Coronavirus Updates

Frequently Asked Questions

Application procedure 

How do I apply for a place at The Hague Pathway College?

Apply by visiting Before you submit your application, please make sure that:

  • You know which programme you want to study
  • You know which date you want to start
  • Have electronic copies of passport, academic documents and evidence of English (if you are yet to receive these documents, then you can still upload your application and send them later)

How quickly will I receive my offer?

For the International Foundation prorammes, if your qualification is listed in the country table on the website, you will in most cases receive an offer within 48 hours of completing the online application. If your qualification is not listed you will receive an offer within 2 weeks of applying.

For the English Academic Preparation programmes the application procedure takes approximately 10 working days.


How do I accept my offer?

You can accept your offer whilst still on Conditional Offer status. Simply complete the acceptance form and return along with proof of your deposit payment. Send these documents to and quote your student ID.



Financial matters

What deposit amount do I pay to secure my place on the course?

To secure your place you must pay 50% of your course fee as indicated in your offer letter. You will then pay the remainder of your course fee before the start of your visa application.

By Dutch law, the Immigration Service (IND) also charges a €192 administration fee (2021/2022 visa fee, subject to annual change) for the visa procedure. As Dutch health and liability insurance is a visa requirement, the University will make visa arrangements and charge the insurance fee during the visa process along with the visa fee. These fees need to be paid separately to the University and not to Navitas so please check that these fees are paid to the appropriate bank account mentioned in the visa documents.


How can I pay my deposit?

You can pay your course fee deposit by bank transfer. Payment details are also specified on your offer letter.



Swift Code – CITINL2X

IBAN – NL11CITI2032288370

Account Number 2032288370

Account Name – Navitas Netherlands BV

Address - WTC Schiphol Tower D8, Schiphol Boulevard 257, 1118 BH Schiphol, The Netherlands


Is there a payment deadline?

Yes, we can only accept payments up to 1 August for the Septermber intake programmes & 8 November for the January intake programmes. In specific cases late payments will be accepted. This is due to the visa process outlined below. You can pay on a conditional offer, even with documents outstanding. You must then satisfy all outstanding document requirements by 11 August for the Septermber intake programmes & 8 November for the January intake programmes. In case you receive your official final academic diploma later, it is possible to submit it after the deadlines mentioned above.


How do I prove financial means?

You must provide a bank statement that is not older than 3 months. This must show that you can cover your student living costs of €12,000. The bank statement must be in your name or a parent/guardian. If you are a sponsored student, you will be asked for your scholarship award letter to prove financial means.

If providing a bank statement is not an option because of your documentation not meeting the immigration requirements, we alternatively offer you the option to transfer the first year's cost of living to the College. Upon opening a bank account in the Netherlands, the living expenses will be fully refunded to your new Dutch bank account  (no administrative charge). You will need to submit a refund request ( once you have your Dutch bank account. The refund process takes approximately 14 days


When do I pay the rest of my fees?

Deadline for paying fees and uploading financial means: 1 August for the Septermber intake programmes & 8 November for the January programmes. In specific cases late payments will be accepted.


Do I need a visa to study at The Hague Pathway College?

Most non-EEA students require a visa to enter the Netherlands and all non-EEA students require a residence permit after arrival. Please refer to the table below to see if you require a visa and/or residence permit. As determined by Dutch law, the University is responsible for arranging a student visa and students cannot apply for a visa themselves.

Do I need an entry visa and/or residence permit?

  Entry Visa Residence Permit
EEA, Switzerland No No
Australia, Canada, Monaco, New Zealand, South Korea or USA No Yes, for stays of 90 days or more
All others Yes, for stays of 90 days or more Yes, for stays of 90 days or more

When can I apply for my visa?

You can apply for your visa up to 5 months before the start of your degree. The exact date is determined by the University and mentioned in the visa pack. The University starts with providing visa information to all applicants from the 1 July for the Septermber intake programmes & 15 October for the January intake programmes


How do I arrange for my visa?

We will contact you by e-mail outlining all necessary procedures. We will start with providing instructions and visa packs to students after 1  July for the Septermber intake programmes & 15 October for the January intake programmes. Provided you supply all necessary documents in time, application procedures at the Dutch Immigration Service (IND) will take approximately 4 - 6 weeks. Applicants from Bangladesh, Cameroon, Nepal and Pakistan will have to take into account that their application may take 3-6 months to arrange. For this reason, applicants from these countries have an earlier application and visa deadline. Remember that you do not start the visa process yourself – you must wait for information from The Hague University.


Who issues my visa?

The Dutch Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) will issue your visa. It is run by the Ministry of Security and Justice and is the official national organization that handles all visa and residence permit applications in the Netherlands. If your application is approved, you will be asked to contact the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (Passport, Visas & Consular Affairs) in your country of origin. The embassy will let you know where to pick up your approved visa.


What does my visa look like?

You will firstly get a visa sticker in your passport to enter the Netherlands and it is valid for 90 days. You will then be given instruction of how to pick up your residence permit – this is a card you will receive after you have arrived and will be valid during your study.


What amount of money do I need show in my bank account when I apply for a visa?

Non-EEA students are required to provide proof of sufficient financial means of € 12,000 to support the visa application. Please note that in addition to this the tuition fee has to be paid in full before the start of the visa process.

If there are any outstanding amounts (or if the bank statement is from an earlier date than the date you transferred the last tuition fee deposit), the amount due in tuition fees should be added in the

minimum amount shown on your bank statement.

When is the deadline for applying for visa?

Deadline for uploading all documents for the visa application: 01 August for the Septermber intake programmes & 08 November for the January intake programmesIn specific cases late payments will be accepted.


Will I get support to apply for a visa for family members?

No, we are not able to support a visa application for any family members.


Practical matters

Do I require insurance?

All residents of the Netherlands are obliged by Dutch law to have health insurance and personal liability insurance. Additional insurance to cover the costs of repatriation is strongly recommended. The Hague Pathway College uses the services of the AON insurance company and more details will be provided post deposit payment.


Do I require a TB test?

As an international student, you might be required by Dutch Immigration Law to have an X-ray scan of your lungs performed to check for tuberculosis at a local GGD office (Dutch Public Health Service, Gemeenschappelijke GezondheidsDienst). Failure to have this test performed may endanger your immigration status to the Netherlands. Immigration Officers from the University will inform you whether you must take part in the TB screening.


Once I’m studying in the Netherlands, can I work part-time?

As an international student looking for a job you will have to take into account certain practical restrictions, such as language. Students with a lack of Dutch fluency often find it hard to find a part-time job. However, you can work 16 hours a week under your Dutch residence permit, or full time in June, July and August.


Accommodation & Work in the Netherlands

Will I be supported to find accommodation?

Yes, as an international student we will fully support you with accommodation information and help you through the booking process. Navitas works closely together with The Hague University and a local housing provider to guarantee all first-year students on a residence permit furnished housing, as long as they apply and confirm their room before the appropriate deadlines. Upon payment of your deposit you will be provided with information of how to access all the room and location information you require.


Once I am studying in the Netherlands, can I work part-time?

As an international student looking for a job you will have to take into account certain practical restrictions, such as language. Students with a lack of Dutch fluency often find it harder to find a part-time job. However, you can work 16 hours a week under your Dutch residence permit, or full time in June, July and August.


Is it mandatory to learn Dutch if I want to work in the Netherlands?

It's not mandatory to learn Dutch, but it will greatly improve your chances of finding a job during or after your studies. Some employers won't hire you if you're unable to understand and/or speak the Dutch language at a fair level. Jobs where English is the main working language are in the minority.  However, the great thing: it is very easy to live and study in the Netherlands without being able to speak Dutch. Pretty much all Dutch people speak English as a second language.


What minimum salary should I get for my job?

The minimum wage depends on your age.