We understand your need for comfortable and safe student accommodation. The Hague Pathway College will help in booking student housing for this first months of your stay in Holland.
We strongly advice you to arrange housing before arriving and as soon as possible
Arranging housing yourself is a somehow daunting task – especially if you are unfamiliar with Holland and the city of The Hague. We strongly recommend you make use of THPC’s housing recommendations. We discourage traveling to The Hague without having secured a suitable place to live.
• Accommodation options are subject to availability (first-come-first-served). We will do our very best to provide accommodation to all students, however we are unable to guarantee a room if you apply late.
• The accommodation options in The Hague the upcoming January are limited. Therefore we encourage you to book your accommodation as soon as possible, even before your visa application starts.
The Student Hotel
The Student Hotel accommodation
Sleep, study, play, and make friends for life in the most international city in the Netherlands! The Student Hotel in The Hague offers a full-service living environment. Pack your laptop and your study plan, and The Student Hotel will take care of the rest.
You will have a fully-equipped room with fresh, comfy linens, and all the necessary kitchen appliances. Our regular cleaning services will make sure your living space stays tidy. Your room will come with its own bicycle for you to use during your stay. Additional services include bike insurance, a chef’s starter kit, meal plans at the TSH on-site restaurant, and emergency laundry services. You’re only a short walk from the main campus of The Hague University of Applied Sciences, where you will be taught during the International Foundation Year. Easy train connections can take you to other cities in the country, while an even easier bike commute will get you to the local beach, or anywhere in the city centre. With many affordable food shops, restaurants, and bars nearby, this is an ideal location to be a student.
Further information: https://www.thestudenthotel.com/the-hague/student/
Please note: The Hague Pathway College students have a separate booking process. Please use the booking process as explained in this information sheet, instead of the booking process on the regular website of The Student Hotel.
All rooms are en-suite (with their own bathroom); they are fully furnished, secure, and include access to kitchen facilities with all the necessary appliances. Common areas include a game room, study area, gym, and restaurant. Additionally, cleaning services and meal packs can be arranged.
Contract and prices
You will be able to move in from 15 August or 1 September and must vacate your room by 15 June and 30 June respectively. Monthly rental cost is €902 including furnishing and service costs.
Prices stated include:
- Private bathroom
- Queen size bed
- Access to shared kitchen facilities
- Free wifi
- Flat screen TV
- Regular cleaning
- Free bike, incl storage
- All utilities (electricity, heating, water, etc)
- 24h staffing and security
- Access to laundry facilities
- Personal mailbox
- Free access to gym and other leisure activities
Additional services include meal plans, bicycle insurance, more frequent cleaning services, etc.
2526 BN The Hague
- Prices are based on a contract period of 10 months, longer stays are not permitted.
- Upon completing the booking process, a refundable deposit will be required to finalise the booking process
- Pets are not allowed
- Smoking is not allowed
- Sharing rooms with others or children is not allowed
- Accommodation conditions and booking process may be subject to change
Disclaimer: Navitas is not a party in the housing arrangements between the student and The Student Hotel. Any issues arising from booking accommodation must be worked out with The Student Hotel directly.
How to book
- To secure your room, start the booking process via this link, which is specifically for The Hague Pathway College students: https://tshlife.thestudenthotel.com/ibe/group_code/.
- Select a location: 'Netherlands_The Hague'
- Tick the box: 'Do you have a code?'
- Enter the group code: you can find it in the accommodation flyer we have sent you, otherwise please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Select your room
- Complete the booking
- The Student Hotel’s Terms & Conditions and House Rules apply: https://www.thestudenthotel.com/terms-conditions/
- If required to select your university/institution: select ‘Netherlands_The Hague'
- Additional services can be booked via the TSH portal, which you can access after completing the booking process
- If you have any specific wishes, please share them in the ‘Comments’ box. The Student Hotel team will do their best to take them into account
As there is limited availability at The Student Hotel, rooms are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Reliable accommodation providers in The Hague
Below we have listed a few reliable accommodation providers that offer rooms or studios in the Hague. We also advise you to have a look at housing in Rijswijk, a town close to The Hague (15 minutes cycling from campus) .
ROOM is a platform initiated by the student housing corporation DUWO (university accommodation). The platform offers rooms with shared facilities and private studios, furnished or unfurnished. Registration at ROOM will cost you €35 and gives you an 8 year subscription. You will need to show your interest in the available rooms and if you're ranked first, they will offer you the room.
This accommodation provider offers self-contained studios in two of their buildings: The Y and Maritz.
The type of contract that is applicable to these studios is a so-called ‘short-stay contract’ – which entails a minimum rental period of 1 month up to a maximum of 3 to 12 months. Monthly rent starts at €773 per month (all-in) for the Y building and €650 per month (all-in) for Maritz building.
You will have to pay a small fee to be able to contact all the advertisers you want in the Housing Anywhere platform. You can browse properties in your city of choice andc ommunicate directly with the advertisers who might become your future landlords.
The student apartments are fully furnished and are equipped with their own private kitchen and bathroom. Tenants can make use of a common living room and a roof terrace. The monthly rents start at €600 per month.
Homey Housing offers spacious and fully furnished apartments with rental rooms and studios in the Hague for students. Each apartment is designed with attention and Scandinavian touch. The room prices range between € 375 and € 550 a month. Studios are available from 690 euro’s. The rent includes internet. Utility costs and user taxes are excluded.
RoomPlaza: a smart housing platform for international students. This one of kind platform offers affordable, furnished student flats across the Netherlands. Room prices range between € 500 - € 600 a month. Water and Internet are included in the price. Gas & electricity costs and user taxes are excluded.
Parkstone offers modern studios in the Hague and nearby cities such as Rijswijk. The studios are available either for one or two people. You can easily arrange a video tour or schedule a viewing by emailing the company directly.
Additional accommodation providers:
- The Real Estate Company
- GO Apartments Den Haag
- Stay at 7
- Ministerie van Marine
Reliable accommodation providers in cities near The Hague
The Netherlands is a small country and all cities are well connected by a good public transportation system.
We strongly advise you to have a look at surrounding cities such as Delft, Leiden, Rotterdam. They are all nearby with short travel time.
The closest train station to the main campus is " Den Haag Holland Spoor" or "The Hague HS". It is located only 3 minutes walking distance from the university. You can use the ns.nl website or google maps to calculate the traveling distance from your future home to the campus.
Good opportunity for our students to live in Rotterdam: This is our domain
This is our domain is launching a new building in Rotterdam right next to Rotterdam Blaak train station. It takes only 25 minutes by train from Rotterdam Blaak to The Hague University campus where our students are having their classes.
The studios are available from 1 January 2022 and they are fully furnished with private bathroom and kitchen.
The provider offers to students the "standard studio" option which costs approximately €695 per month and approximately €207 - 211 per month The studios are suitable for one person and the size is between 22.1 and 29.6 m².
Kindly note that there is €100 non-refundable application fee.You will be able to make this payment online using the online payment system. All residents benefit from excellent shared facilities and services such as a Service Desk, Flexible Study/Work Spaces, Meeting Rooms, Lounges, a Music Room and a Cinema Room. The Sky Lounge, Gym and Terrace are situated on the 24th floor and offer stunning views of the skyline of Rotterdam.
TIPS & STEPS TO TAKE
- It is quicker to call the housing provider instead of emailing.
- The faster you respond, the more likely you will get the room.
- It is possible to rent an unfurnished room and buy new or second-hand furniture yourself and get it delivered.
- Always pay attention if the offer is reliable , even though scams are quite uncommon.