Living in The Hague
International Foundation One-year programme
We understand your need for comfortable and safe student accommodation. The Hague Pathway College will help in booking student housing for this first year of your stay in Holland. Our offer consists of well-designed and furnished en-suite studio with private bathroom andshared kitchen. Joint facilities include common areas to meet with friends, a laundry area and storage space for your bicycle. All ready to start the experience of living in The Hague.
Arranging housing yourself is a somehow daunting task – especially if you are unfamiliar with Holland and the city of The Hague. We strongly recommend you make use of THPC’s housing recommendations. We discourage traveling to The Hague without having secured a suitable place to live.
Our suggestion is to rent a room or studio from September till the end June. In June you will have the chance to find another accommodation, if needed. Please note that in June the student accommodation availability is high.
The Student Hotel accommodation
Sleep, study, play, and make friends for life in the most international city in the Netherlands! The Student Hotel in The Hague offers a full-service living environment. Pack your laptop and your study plan, and The Student Hotel will take care of the rest. You will have a fully-equipped room with fresh, comfy linens, and a kitchen stocked with all the necessary appliances. Our regular cleaning services will make sure your living space stays tidy. Your room will come with its own bicycle for you to use during your stay. Additional services include bike insurance, a chef’s starter kit, meal plans at the TSH on-site restaurant, and emergency laundry services. You’re only a short walk from the main campus of The Hague University of Applied Sciences, where you will be taught during the International Foundation Year. Easy train connections can take you to other cities in the country, while an even easier bike commute will get you to the local beach, or anywhere in the city centre. With many affordable food shops, restaurants, and bars nearby, this is an ideal location to be a student.
All rooms are en-suite (with their own bathroom); they are fully furnished, secure, and include access to kitchen facilities with all the necessary appliances. Common areas include a game room, study area, gym, and restaurant. Additionally, cleaning services and meal packs can be arranged.
Contract and prices
You will be able to move in from 1 Septembr 2021 and must vacate your room by 30 June 2022. Monthly rental cost is approximately € 814, including furnishing and service costs.
Prices stated include:
|Private bathroom||Access to shared kitchen facilities||24h reception and security|
|Large comfy bed||Regular cleaning||Access to laundry facilities|
|Flat screen TV||Bike rental||Personal mailbox|
|Free wifi||All utilities (electricity, heating, water, etc)||Free access to gym and other leisure activities|
|Game & chill out areas||Wellbeing programme & mentor||Hotline for immediate counselling|
|12 month skillshare.com membership||3 free nights at any TSH hotel||1 free parent's night|
Additional services include meal plans, bicycle insurance, more frequent cleaning services, etc.
Hoefkade 9, 2526 BN The Hague
An ideal location:
- 3 minutes bike ride to the campus
- 3 minutes walk to train station
- 11 minutes walk to the city centre
How to book
1. Go to: thestudenthotel.com/ (select "book now" & then "Somewhere to stay whilst studying")
2. Select a location: 'Netherlands_The Hague'
3. Tick the box: 'Do you have a code?'
4. Enter group code: we have sent it to you via email
5. Select your room
6. Complete booking
- The Student Hotel’s Terms & Conditions and House Rules apply: https://www.thestudenthotel.com/terms-conditions/
- If required to select your university/institution: select ‘Other’
- Additional services can be booked via the TSH portal, which you can access after completing the booking process
- If you have any specific wishes, please share them in the ‘Comments’ box. The Student Hotel team will do their best to take them into account
- Prices are based on a contract period of 10 months, longer stays are not permitted.
- Upon completing the booking process, a refundable deposit will be required to finalise the booking process
- Pets are not allowed
- Smoking is not allowed
- Sharing rooms with others or children is not allowed
- Accommodation conditions and booking process may be subject to change
Disclaimer: Navitas is not a party in the housing arrangements between the student and The Student Hotel. Any issues arising from booking accommodation must be worked out with The Student Hotel directly.
ROOM is a platform initiated by the student housing corporation DUWO (university accommodation). The platform offers rooms wirh shared facitlities and priovate studios, furnished or unfurnished.
Registration at ROOM will cost you €35 and gives you an 8 year subscription. You can find all the relevant information here.
How to book
To start looking for accommodation use this link: https://www.room.nl/en/offerings/to-rent#?gesorteerd-op=prijs%2B. You can use the filters to redfine your search results.